Jacob is a software developer based in the Pacific Northwest. He delights in simple, elegant solutions to problems and enjoys writing modular, documented, well-tested code. After graduating from college with a business degree, Jacob's lifelong love for tech drove him to pursue a career in programming. He is a firm believer in the value of open-source software and can't imagine life without Vim.
Outside of software, Jacob enjoys spending time with his lovely wife, camping, comfy socks, chiptunes and vintage jrpgs, high fantasy novels, cooking tasty food, board games, logic puzzles like Sudoku and Picross, LAN parties, terminal GUIs, learning new things, playing soccer and ultimate, studying Japanese culture, gaming culture, and their intersections, and generally creating order out of chaos. And making lists.
Jacob can be reached via email. He is active on GitHub. His resume is available for download.
- Version Control | Git
- Markup | Html, Jade, Handlebars, Slim
- CSS | Stylus, Sass, PostCSS, Responsive Design
- Testing | Mocha, Ava, Sinon, Jest
- Continuous Integration | Travis
- Tooling | Gulp, Webpack, Babel, ESLint, Lodash
- RESTful APIs | Client, Server
- Documentation | APIs, CLIs, Copywriting, Proofing
- Linux and Unix | Shell, CLI, Arch, Vim
- Project Management | GTD, SWOT, Agile
- Databases | PostgreSQL, SQLite, CouchDB, ORMs
- Virtual DOM | React, Mithril
- Flux | Alt
- Devops | Ansible, Chef, Docker
- Graphics | Photoshop, Gimp, Inkscape
- Other Dynamic Languages | Go, Python, Ruby
- Lisps | Emacs Lisp
- Compiled Languages | Haxe, Rust
- Functional Languages | Clojurescript, Elixir, Elm, Haskell
- Scripting Languages | Lua